This blog is about looking at both the positive and negative side of k-pop by linking k-pop to some common worldly issues. The aim of this

blog is to provide a somewhat neutral approach to Korean music in a worldly manner. Whether you decided to support K-pop with colourful

flying banners or throw banana peels at the artists after reading this blog is entirely up to you ~

Monday 22 April 2013

Get A Room Guys !!! (>///<)



Since we’ve brought up the topic of feminine k-pop male idols last time, it would be quite logical to explore the disturbing amount of fangirls who would give up everything in their bank account to see members of the same band feel each other up or pash each other on stage. Don’t get me wrong, I’m completely fine with homosexuals and I’m even friends with a few myself, but it’s a completely different matter here. The issue I’ve detected is that there is an enormous amount of fans out there who only like particular bands because they act all ... well, gay on camera. Majority, this issue occurs in boy bands so let’s just focus on one; Super Junior. As much as I would completely be supportive if they came out as a real couple, sometime, maybe they are enjoying themselves a little too much and sometimes there are things that I would prefer them to do behind closed doors.

‘I SHIP THEM !!!’ I could almost hear the fangirls scream that in my ear. To ‘ship’ two people together is to support their love and rejoice everytime they get intimate. Just how wrong is that ? Again, not a homosexual or heterosexual issue here but all that PDA (Publicly Displayed Affection) should be left at home. I wouldn’t want to see that among my straight friends and if my friends do this in front of me, they certainly wouldn’t want me spazzing how sweet and cute it is next to them, so why am I seeing this when they are suppose to be singers ? Last time I checked, singers sing songs and not film goosebumpy clips. I’m already being very thoughtful to pick the clip that shows the making of the film and not the final product. Because trust me, if you walked past and saw the final film, you would most likely ask me why I am watching an R rated homosexual film so openly. Really, is this all is left of the K-pop industry ?


If you didn’t hear the screaming in the background in the last clip then you can certainly hear it this time. Just about every single time two members ... err ... ‘interact’ with each other you can hear the sound of excitement from the audience. The member’s themselves seem pretty casual about the whole thing. Sure, if pressing your lips against a close friend can be seen in a casual thing then yeah. But still, did all those people just pay for a ticket to watch that ? Cause really, fangirls mostly consist of teenage girls and this is not appropriate at all. Its not a huge deal, this is probably when a hen’s party would look like so its not their actions that are the problem. It’s the fact that the K-pop industry is presenting like a show for entertainment purposes. I’m just feeling sorry for these poor fellows who have to rub themselves against one another just because that’s the only thing that will increase their popularity. Doesn’t the K-pop industry have people with skills and talent ? Well use them !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment